Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? We'd love to help!
Below are a few common questions we hope can provide some answers.
If your question isn't listed below or if you'd prefer to call, that's no problem. Reach us at (940) 648-2753 for assistance.
What do I do if my debit card is lost or stolen?
To report a card as lost, stolen, or compromised, call (888) 297-3416 for 24-hour service.
Please contact a personal banker for additional assistance during normal business hours.
With Advanced Debit Card Controls, you can report your card as lost or stolen within online banking, using Charis Bank app available in the App Store or on Google Play.
For more information about card security tips click here.
Why am I receiving calls to confirm transactions?
Vista Bank partners with fraud software and analysts to identify and reduce debit card fraud. You may receive phone calls between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM asking you to confirm your last few transactions.
If you receive a call and you aren't sure if it was us, we would be glad to assist you. Call us at (940) 648-2753 during normal business hours.
For more tips about card security visit our Security page to view a list of security topics.
What person-to-person (P2P) transfers can I make?
Your debit card is a versatile payment tool that may be compatible with P2P apps such as PayPal, Cash App, Venmo, and other similar applications.
Within online banking we offer Pay a Person for sending personal payments to individuals. Get started by selecting Pay when you login to your account.
We recommend you
- always exercise caution in sending P2P transfers.
- verify your recipient's contact information on the P2P service you choose.
- use only reputable and secure applications for payments.
How do I get started with my account in online banking?
Begin your online banking enrollment with the link below
What if I forgot my password, am locked out, or I am unable to sign in?
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it online. If you still need assistance, please contact us or call us at (940) 648-2753.
If you believe you are locked out, please contact us or call us at (940) 648-2753.
Have you enrolled?
If you have not signed up for online banking on your personal account you can self-enroll to get started. If you still experience problems establishing an online account, please contact us or call us at (940) 648-2753.
If you believe your online banking username or password have been compromised or used without your permission, contact the bank immediately at (940) 648-2753.
Do you have security concerns, or would you like to know more about safe electronic banking? Visit the Security page.
More Common Questions
Have you initiated a payment you need stopped? Let us know right away! You may be able to stop payments on:
- Call us, visit the branch, or log into online banking to begin your stop payment request.
- Electronic payments (ACHs)
- Call us or visit the branch to begin your stop payment
- Bill Pay items
- Once the Bill Pay check has been mailed, you can place a stop payment by contacting our Bill Pay service provider at (888) 762-0206.
- Electronic bill payments cannot be stopped.
- Recurring debit card payments
- Call us or visit the branch if you need to stop recurring transaction by a merchant who has saved your card information. We'll walk you through preventing future transactions.
- One time transactions, including those that are pending to debit your account, cannot be stopped.
Am I covered by FDIC?
Yes, Vista Bank is a member of FDIC. The sum of your total deposits with Vista Bank is insured up to $250,000 per depositor, for each account ownership category.
The FDIC provides a Deposit Insurance Summary guide: Your Insured Deposits Guide and the Electronic Deposit Insurance Estimator (EDIE), which allows you to calculate your FDIC insurance coverage. The EDIE calculator can be found at fdic.gov/edie.
If you have questions about FDIC insurance requirements, please visit fdic.gov or call 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342).
Save all the important bank numbers, links and information to your phone.
Take our customer service with you, where ever you go.